Recently I decided to whip up a 1880s-1890s dressing gown while I was waiting for my corset materials to arrive in the mail. I wanted to make something simple that I could draft myself (and I have little to no experience in doing that). My main inspiration was this dressing gown from.
I bought a length of Vintage net lace on Etsy and found a pretty cotton material at Joanne's home decor with the slightest hint of sheen.
I made five 1/2 inch pleats on the front neck and created a faux saque back. I sewed on the lace and then bound the neckline with white satin single fold bias binding. The robe is unlined but finished with french seems and double turn hems. The sleeves are slim fitted and made from my regency long sleeve pattern, I also bias bound the armscyes. The Dressing gown is closed with a silk satin ribon.