Shabby Blog Background

Monday, May 27, 2013

"Gap" Regency shoes

I got a pair of Gap leather ballet flats at the beginning of this school year since I have a soft spot for yellow shoes. Unfortunately they always slipped off my feet when I wore them since my feet fall in between two sizes. So although I liked them quite a bit, the obvious thing to do was turn them into regency slippers! 

First I snipped off the purple bows (they weren't particularly attractive).
 Even though the style predates the time I mean my shoe to be from, I had to trim them with a little ruffle.
 I sewed two loops onto each side so to add some ribbons. That solves the shoes coming of my foot!
 They came out a bit crazier than I'd expected, but I still really like them!
Hopefully soon I'll finish my blue silk ball gown circa 1813-1817! I love blue and yellow/gold together, possibly because that is my school uniform and therefor has been ingrained in me for 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment