Shabby Blog Background

Monday, August 5, 2013

I've lost my sewing drive!

Two weeks ago I was rowing at a crew camp hosted by Penn's excellent coaches (my coach was an Olympic medalist, seriously), it was great and super inspirational! Then last week I played field hockey all-day at an over night team camp at Alvernia College in Reading PA. That ended yesterday and now I'm a bit too tired to feel energized about any projects.

Penn's boathouse, boathouse row Philadelphia

So basically I need inspiration to get me going again.

I think she's having a light bulb moment.

I started a late 18th century jacket in spring green and ivory silk taffeta with a zone front and ruffles but that got old when I didn't have a good way to pink the ruffles. So then I started the process of getting the materials for my 1913 corset but I haven't succeeded in that endeavour yet. The jacket had similar lines to this jacket from the Kyoto Costume Institute, but I didn't do the skirt part right so that was annoying.

I love this, and my mistakes are easily fixed, but I'm in one of those moods where I don't feel like it.

Hopefully this doesn't last too long, because I like to be busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment