Shabby Blog Background

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Adventures in London and Prague


I'm on vacation after a hectic year and before a hectic summer! Here are some pictures of what I've been up too recently in London and Prague. I'll also post some photos of Hampton Court and Blenheim Palaces, Cambridge and Oxford, and the Cotswolds.

Annie's Vintage shop in Camden Passage Islington

1890s ballgown bodice


racks of gorgeous dresses, lace, and accessories not to mention many stunning beaded 1920s dresses

one of the more simple '20s evening gowns
 I found the perfect 1910s tea dress there, it looked to be in my size and price range, but it was reserved for someone else. )-: Just my luck!

Camden Passage flea market, Islington

Liberty of London

What can I say, I can't resist a Liberty print

Or the beautiful lace that they carry at their Haberdashery!

beautiful flowers for sale out front

We visited Selfridges basically because of the miniseries, unfortunately there were no antique fripperies, just modern products! (-;
 We took a long weekend in Prague which I had heard amazing things about, everybody raves about it! Not me I'm afraid, in fact I rather didn't like it much. From there we left for France, but I'll backtrack to all the things that happened in between.

Prague

View from Prague Castle


Estate Opera Theatre

Old Town Square
 I have to admit that I am a big Opera fan. I have often been caught humming my favorite songs from my favorite opera, Rigoletto. I was lucky enough to be able to see Verdi's Nabucco at the gorgeous Prague State theatre while we were there. It was the highlight of my visit. The performance was wonderful, the opera house was wonderful, and our seats were wonderful!

State Opera House

the decadent ceiling

I was pretty excited

And in awe!


No comments:

Post a Comment